Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Living the Dream

*First of all, the full name of the man who healed me, used not only with consent but with encouragement, is Joseph Antoine Alston.  I promised him I'd throw that into my next entry.*

I am living the dream.  I never imagined feeling this good, this consistently, again.  Tonight my feet were cold, and, almost without thinking about it, I went and put on socks.

Read that again, people.  I WENT AND PUT ON SOCKS! I haven't gone to sleep with socks on in forever.  And, OK, so I haven't gone to sleep yet, but I'm very close...and it isn't the socks keeping me awake.

This is going to stick.  This is going to last.

I am discovering who "able-bodied-Sarah" is again.  Do remember, I haven't been consistently able-bodied since my first month of high school, nine years ago.  Nine years of time is a lot to lose, but it isn't too much...because I am going to gain it back.

On that, I am determined.  Whatever I lost in my RSD years, I have within reach again...life is mine to claim.  I will "grow up," and I will live...this story can have a happy ending, after all.

Gratitude again to Joseph Antoine Alston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!