Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

In It for the Long Haul: The Qualls Family

I began to pray for the Qualls family when God moved in my heart and told me to do so.  (I cannot give a specific time; I am horrible at remembering things like that.)  More specifically, I was praying for one of their girls, Kalkidan Ella.  She had been adopted from Ethiopia a number of years before, and she was really struggling in many ways.  I believe that at the time when I started praying, she was at a special boarding school to help her in these areas, with the goal to move her home as soon as possible.  I had many things for which to pray: Kalkidan's health, safety, and well-being; the family's health, safety, and well-being; strength and faith for the parents.

The Qualls family lost Kalkidan in a tragic car accident, I think a little more than a year ago.

Since that day, I have been praying for the family as a whole, rather than just Kalkidan.  I pray that they have the strength needed to even turn to God in the first place.  I pray that when they turn to God, they find strength and solace through their faith.

They are Christian.  I am Jewish.  It does not matter; it truly does not.  They are in this for the long haul, and I am right there with them.

I am right there with them, every day.  They have a permanent spot on my prayer list, or at least permanent for as long as they need.

Please join me in praying for them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for holding us in prayer - it means so much to us. Each morning we pray the Shema before the kids leave for school; we don't know it in Hebrew, but we speak it aloud together and it reminds us who we are, and what our purpose is. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!