Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Odds and Ends

Recently (and I heard this from my mother, so I don't have sources, but I can contact her and ask if anyone wants me too) the Jewish genotype was tested by scientists. The test results showed that all Jews, regardless of appearance--even Ashkenazi Jews, who are much more recently from Europe--are genetically far closer to being Middle Easterners than anything else. This backs up a distinction on which I have been insisting for months now: Jews aren't white!!! (Just to clarify, no I do not think there is anything wrong with being white, but Jews aren't.)

This blue-eyed blonde is genetically Middle Eastern:



And so are the hazel-eyed redhead and brown-eyed brunette shown here:


And so are the three brown-eyed brunettes and blue-eyed blonde shown here:


Isn't that fascinating? Watch me, henceforth, mark Middle Eastern on anything that asks ethnicity. (Not nationality, that for me is American, just ethnicity/race.)
On a more serious note...
God has recently shown me that I am absolutely meant to go on my upcoming class trip to Israel (as if I wouldn't!) and also that I am meant to study at Pardes, a post-college; pluralistic; text-based Yeshiva that sounds just awesome, for a year when the time comes. Not only that, if I am interpreting God's message correctly, that may not be the end of my time in Israel; perhaps I am meant to make aliyah and live there. This was not in my plans prior to this summer, but since I go where God sends me--Ready or not, Israel, here I come!
I close with a quote from my new favorite Israeli band, HaDag Nahash: "שלום, שלאם, פיס, אפשרי גם כאן!" ("Shalom, Salaam, Peace, it's also possible here [Israel]!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!