Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Going to Church

This morning, bright and early, my Comparative Religions class headed out into the world to visit and observe a Pentecostal church service. It was the second most amazing religious ceremony I have ever watched. (See post "An Amazing Scene" for a description of the most amazing religious ceremony I have ever seen.) Everyone was involved in the service, waving their hands and clapping in time to the music, loudly agreeing with the Pastor's sermon, and just being fully present in the moment. The nicest part of all was when the Pastor (or the Elder, I forget which) announced, "We will now greet our guests," and practically the entire congregation got out of their seats and came over to welcome us. I think if I were Christian I would be Pentecostal...that's how amazing it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!