Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Being a Jew and Rosh Hodesh Sivan

Yesterday at physical therapy, the guy on the exercise bike next to me started up a conversation about Judaism (always fun), and then tried to convert me to Christianity (not so fun). Although the situation was uncomfortable, I walked away as a proud Jew, which brings me to my next point.

Judaism is not merely part of my identity; Judaism and God are my heart and soul. I do not merely have a Jewish identity; I am my Jewish identity. When describing who I am, Jewish is the first adjective that comes to mind, while Judaism is the first noun.

In other news, today is Rosh Hodesh Sivan! Six more days until Shavuot! I have posted about Shavuot both last year and the year before, but I hope to find something new about the holiday so I can post this year as well.

And yes, for my Jewish readers and/or anyone else who noticed, I never posted about Lag B'Omer. My apologies: it's only a minor holiday and I left on my senior class trip that day. Nonetheless, I could have done a belated post, but I did not. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!