Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

After a long interlude...

...I am back! Sorry about the silence.  I stole this from someone else's blog; I needed the prompt today.

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The house next door

I am thinking...About the little "fruit fest" I am throwing later today to celebrate the holiday of Tu B'Shevat

I am thankful...for my Judaism

In the kitchen...packets of tuna, cans of chickpeas, and four different unusual fruits for my "fruit fest"!

I am wearing...Jeans, gray socks, a pale pink long-sleeved shit with a red college football T-shirt over it, arba kanfot, and a pink suede kippah from my Bat Mitzvah

I am creating...This blog entry

I am going...Back to school on the twentieth! (Actually, I'm already back in my apartment, but classes don't start till then.)

I am wondering...Whether or not my invited friend will show up to celebrate Tu b'Shevat with me.  (Really, I know she will because she didn't cancel, but I've been trying to call her to confirm because I'm like that and she hasn't picked up her phone, so now I'm nervous.)

I am reading...Doing Jewish Theology by Neil Gillman

I am hoping...That my friend shows up!

I am looking forward to...My Tu b'Shevat "fruit fest"!

I am learning...how to be a better friend

Around the house...silence; my roommates are not back yet.

I am pondering...The new semester and all it will bring

A favorite quote for today..."Out beyond right and wrong, there is a field; I'll meet you there."

One of my favorite things...It's not really a "thing", but I would have to say my Judaism! I love being Jewish!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Buying a couple more textbooks, finding my classroom buildings, sleeping in on a quiet Sabbath alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!