Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Tu B'Shevat 5777

The holiday of Tu B'Shevat always comes two days before my Hebrew birthday.  (Remember that my Hebrew birthday is the one I prefer to acknowledge/celebrate now.)  "Tu B'Shevat" literally means the fifteenth of the month of Shevat; my Hebrew birthday is the seventeenth of the month of Shevat.

Because Tu B'Shevat is so close to my birthday, this year I really want to celebrate it.

Tu B'Shevat is a new year for trees.  Some people go all out and do a seder similar to what we do on Passover; to me, that is too much hassle and effort.  A simpler celebration involves eating at least two fruits that one has not eaten in at least a year.

For me, one of those fruits is obviously figs.  I love figs, and I rarely have them.  For the other fruit, well, I'll have to see what the store has.  Pomegranates tend to be a popular option; I myself particularly like starfruit, so we'll have to see.

Anyway.  Tu B'Shevat, here I come, on February 11th.  And then, my birthday, here I come, on February 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!