Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

God Things

*There could have been a more "flowery" title for this post, but I think this one is most starkly effective.*

I have a couple of arrangements going on in my life right now that I could never have arranged on my own; it's all God.  It has to be.  They're working so perfectly, there's no other possible explanation.

One is where I am career wise right now.  There are so many careers that are closed to me, simply because I could not complete the schooling while getting enough sleep to stay mentally well.  Medical school, law school, Rabbinical school: no way. And yet, I have found a career that brings me joy, and whose schooling I can complete.  I am capable of being a teacher, and getting my Master's in the field.  This cannot be coincidence; it's God.

The other is about my special kippah.  You may recall that if I wear my gold silk kippah I have an extra shot at getting close to God.  I plan to wear it tomorrow just for that.  I really cannot wear it on a Sabbath or holiday, just in case; but on an ordinary weekday I can and will.

I love my God, and all S/He does for me; I really do want to "pay back" with my end of the connection.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!