I have completely changed around my Jewish reading schedule. I realized that I was not consistently reading for an hour a day because I was not enjoying what I was reading. Since the whole point of this project was to prevent boredom, it seemed silly to fight my way through boring texts.
For now, I have returned to old favorites. At present I am rereading Kushner's River of Light; hopefully I'll understand it this time, but even if I don't, I know I'll glean some valuable new insight. After that I want to reread both my Gillman books, then possibly Hartman, or I might take my mother up on her offer to let me borrow This Is Real, and You Are Completely Unprepared in time for the High Holidays: Rosh HaShanah, our New Year, and Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement. Rosh HaShanah, which kicks off our holiday season, falls in mid-September this year.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (111)
- Tzedakah Box--Purchased!
- And...This is really happening.
- My Second Post of the Day: About my Taste in Music...
- The 28th Kippah
- Tzedakah Box
- Straight Out of my Journal
- Rosh Hodesh Elul and U'N'Taneh Tokef
- A Change
- To Hang in my Dorm Room
- A Gathering of Prayers (Not for Me)
- Faith and Strength in Hard Times
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!