And...this is really happening. I am really and truly going back to school. By this time three (or possibly four, depending on how you count) days from now, I will be on the road with my father and my luggage. A few short hours after that, I will be standing in my new dorm room. I will know such things as: river view or street view? How big is it? What's on my Eastern wall? Where will I put my books? Which way does my bed face, and do I have a wall on my right or my left when I'm sleeping? How deep is the windowsill? These are all important questions, and I can't wait to find out the answers.
It's been a long and boring summer. I planned absolutely nothing for myself to do. Always before I've had to take incompletes and finish schoolwork over the summer, and I was convinced that a summer without any responsibilities would be fun, fun, fun. Boy, was I wrong! It might have been different if I had a job and were working a good bit of the day, but jobs are scarce and I couldn't find one. In short, I had nothing to do all summer, which is not good for a 22-year-old!
I chose to do most of my packing today. I can't pack on the Sabbath, for that would be work, and we are leaving too early Sunday for me to do all my packing then. Initially, the plan was just to do my laundry today, and my packing tomorrow, but once I got into prepping-to-go-back mode I couldn't stop. So far, I have filled my big suitcase and my medium suitcase. I have a small suitcase I can fill, as well, and then it's cardboard box time. I will also take a backpack, a laptop, and a purse.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2016 (111)
- Tzedakah Box--Purchased!
- And...This is really happening.
- My Second Post of the Day: About my Taste in Music...
- The 28th Kippah
- Tzedakah Box
- Straight Out of my Journal
- Rosh Hodesh Elul and U'N'Taneh Tokef
- A Change
- To Hang in my Dorm Room
- A Gathering of Prayers (Not for Me)
- Faith and Strength in Hard Times
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!