Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm in Love

I'm in love, simply in love with my Judaism.  Every moment of my day is steeped in my religion, as it should be.  These are the Jewish things I do each day:

  1. Pray morning and afternoon (I'm going to add in evening prayers starting tonight.)
  2. Put on tallis (four-cornered prayer shawl with holy fringes) and tefillin (black leather boxes with parchment scrolls of scripture inside, on leather straps that go around the head and arm) when I pray in the morning, or in the afternoon if I somehow missed the morning, but never the evening because they are a daytime commandment.
  3. Recite a special blessing after each time I use the bathroom.
  4. Recite blessings before and after eating.
  5. Put on arba kanfot/tallit katan (special undergarment with four corners and holy fringes) and kippah (skull cap) each morning when I get dressed, and leave them on all day.
  6. Learn Jewish stuff for two hours every day, ideally one hour of Talmud with my brother and one hour of something else, but lately it's  more often been two hours on my own.  Currently I am reading the Hebrew Bible cover to cover, with as much Hebrew as I can manage.
And now, a visual aid.  I don't think I have ever posted pictures of my tallis and tefillin before, and if I have, it's been a long time:









 

And, of course, I close with a picture of "Jacob." I will never stop fighting to find him a home.  Never!

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!