Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Friday, June 20, 2014

"Making Lemonade"

So I got unfairly evicted from my summer program of Jewish learning, much to my sorrow.  I decided, however, to have a summer of Jewish learning anyway, even if I'm on my own.  So, every day:

1. I pray three times.
2. I study Talmud (Jewish legal codes) with my brother for about an hour in the morning.  We are pretty much on an equal--very beginner--study level, and we learn off each other.  It's fun! Today we only managed to cover three lines in that hour, but it's fun.
3. I do some other kind of Jewish reading for an hour in the afternoon.  Right now I am reading Sacred Fragments by Neil Gillman; when I finish that I plan to start reading the whole Hebrew Bible, cover to cover, hopefully mostly in Hebrew.

Dammit, summer program people, I will learn and grow Jewishly this summer, and "make lemonade" out of your "lemons"!

And a quick prayer for my "Jacob," publicly:

Dear God, please find my "Jacob" a home.  I worry about him, God; he's so small and puny-looking.  He needs a Mommy and Daddy, God, and brothers and sisters to love! Keep him warm and safe and well-fed until his family comes.  Please, God.  Please, God! Please, God!!! Love, Your Girl

And, not surprisingly, here is "Jacob's" picture, again:

Jacob sm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!