Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Doing Judaism; DO NOT DISTURB"

It hit me this morning just how much time I devote to Judaism.  Daily prayers take about an hour or so altogether, and then there is the time I spend reading my Bible.  At the moment I read a chapter after morning prayers and another after evening prayers, and for the remainder of my time at home (about a week) I plan to read the Bible for an hour sometime in the middle of the day, as well.

Needless to say, I take my Judaism very seriously and do not want to be interrupted while praying or reading my Bible.  The problem is that I cannot expect others--family or dorm mates--to magically know that I am engaged in one of those activities.  I can sing some prayers out loud and people can hear through the door, but the most important prayers are silent and Bible reading also makes no noise at all.

The solution? A big "Do Not Disturb" sign.  I taped two sheets of paper together for thickness, cut a hole at the top for the doorknob, and in my best cursive writing, I wrote "Doing Judaism: DO NOT DISTURB".  Now I have a sign to hang on my door when I am "doing Jewish".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!