Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Habitat for Humanity Day One

I had an absolute blast on the construction site today! The house we were working on was mostly finished, needing things such as touch-up painting and the tightening of cabinet handles.  When I got there, I told the site boss I was good at painting.  The problem was that I meant covering large areas with rollers, and he meant touch-up detailing with a paint brush.  I did manage to do the job successfully, but only after someone came behind me saying things such as, "You missed this spot, you missed that spot, you're dripping..."

The youngest person there besides me was probably old enough to be my mother, and there were some people most likely old enough to be my grandparents.  I think everyone was really tickled that this was what a college student wanted to be doing with her summer; regardless, they were all infinitely patient with showing me how to do things I didn't know how to do, yet they also knew to back off when I (politely) told them to.  And I never gave up on a task until it was done.  I asked for advice, help, even demonstrations, but I never gave up.

I can't wait to go back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!