Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Special Habitat for Humanity Pants

Yesterday, I went shopping with my father for a special pair of pants to wear on the worksite tomorrow.  Though I really do feel more "myself" in skirts, I had been told I would be safer in pants, and the word "safety" can convince me to do almost anything.  Besides, on a worksite it's good not to mind getting dirty, and I treasure each and every one of my weekday skirts (I think I have nine, which is not a lot) and would not like to get dirty in them.

I could not buy women's pants because I needed deep pockets that closed, so that I could carry a house key, cab fare, and my cell phone without worrying about them falling out and/or being stolen.  Because I would wear boys' pants in length, we started there in width, too.  I tried on a size 12 Husky, a size 14, a size 14 Husky, a size 16, and a size 16 Husky before we gave up and moved on to mens' pants.  In mens', I tried on a size 29 waist and a size 32 waist, before I finally found a pair that fit.  I fit a size 36 waist.  Good to know.

These wonderful pants are made even more wonderful by their camouflage pattern.  I can't wait to wear them--along with an old (Habitat for Humanity) t-shirt, my work boots, and a suede kippah.  (My suede kippot are most durable, and therefore best for a worksite; also I have never liked suede kippot, plus mine were all freebies, so it doesn't matter what happens to them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!