Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Friday, May 20, 2016

A Week and a Day

In exactly one week and one day will come the three year mark of my being "Jacob's" Prayer Warrior.  He is the child on Reece's Rainbow for whom I have prayed longest.  I had "Isabella" for a matter of weeks, "Grady" for a matter of months, and "Rheann" for abotu a year and a half.  I feel very attached to "Jacob" because I've had him for so long.

"Jacob" is turning six in June.  His chances for adoption are against him.  He is older.  He is a boy.  He is disabled.  His pictures are not cute, and his description is not encouraging.  Despite all this, I have faith that one day--hopefully soon--a family will come for him.

"I believe, with perfect faith, in the coming of the Messiah.  And even though he be delayed, with all this, I will wait for him."  One day, when the Messiah comes but hopefully before, my "Jacob" will have a family.

I end this post with whispered prayers for "Jacob," and rather than with pictures of an Aging-Out child, "Jacob's" pictures will conclude this post.


JacobJacob sm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!