Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Judaica Tidbits


  1. The above picture shows a second very special gift from Sami.  This is a kippah handmade by him in my favorite colors (pink and purple, in case you couldn't tell).  It is larger than the yellow-and-green one, more the size I like to wear.  For all these reasons, I have decided that this is my official Ketamine treatment kippah, to be worn to every day of treatment.  (And I am doing more Ketamine May 23-27.)
  2. I want to get back into having more of a religious and spiritual life.  I want to read Jewish books, write letters to God, pray, and blog here.  I haven't done any of that in far too long...I am starting back up again.
  3. When I was in college, I knew a girl who, for the sake of this blog, shall be named "Shoshana."  "Shoshana" (Hebrew name, I know) is Protestant.  At the time (don't know if they're still together or not) she had a Catholic boyfriend; they used to like to argue religion.  Of course I was Facebook friends with "Shoshana," but you know how those things go...I hadn't spoken to her in years.  A few days ago she contacted me on Facebook.  We talked a bit there, and then, today, I decided to call her.  She couldn't talk long, but we had a brief, meaningful chat about where God is in suffering.  I hope this friendship continues: she is on fire for religion the way I am...I know very few other people like that, so I would love to have her back in my life.
EDITED TO ADD: I almost forgot this post's Reece's Rainbow child! This time, I am posting a girl.  Here is "TONI," from my "Jacob's" country (not at liberty to share countries).  She is diagnosed with VISION AND HEARING LOSS, and is aging out in OCTOBER.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!