Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

55th Kippah

This past Sabbath, at a Bat Mitzvah, I snagged my 55th kippah.  (It is  customary, at life cycle events [Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, weddings] for the family to provide them free, in bulk, for whomever of the guests would like to take one.)  I have a picture of it below: it's only a cheap satin "beanie," but it  is a beautiful shade of ice blue, a color I didn't have before.


And then, because my blue stack is so numerous and is by far the most often updated (I always pick up a free kippah and blue seems to be by far the most popular color for these), I thought I would provide you with a picture of all my blue ones:


Top, L-R: free from Bat Mitzvah; free from Bat Mitzvah (homemade by family of Bat Mitzvah, has internal clip); free from Bat Mitzvah; picked out by me and paid for by JS as a birthday gift for my 26th.  Next, L-R: free from Bat Mitzvah; embroidered silk by designer Yair Emanuel; free from Bat Mitzvah (newest one, photographed above).  Second from the bottom, L-R: free from Bar Mitzvah; free from Bar Mitzvah.  Bottom: hand embroidered hat by designer Yair Emanuel.  (And yes, hand embroidered hats are very expensive; though I love Emanuel's work, the two hand embroidered hats I have ["Jerusalem in Blue" from college graduation, shown here, and "Birds in Color" from high school graduation] are the only two I will ever own.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!