Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Erev Pesach

Today is erev Pesach, the day before Passover.  Tonight, Jews everywhere will hold Passover seders (big ritual meals) in celebration of freedom and remembrance of the exodus from Egypt.  I will have so much to think about this year.

In the first place, this year the Gregorian and Hebrew dates both line up as the seventieth anniversary of the Warsaw ghetto uprising.  I don't know what to make of this, but I decided that it's certainly worth mentioning.

Then, of course, there is all the stuff that has been swirling around in my head the past couple of days, and my new-found freedom from self-imposed restrictions.  I celebrate my recognition of myself as fully human, and my determination to have equal religious rights despite--or perhaps because of--the way God made me.

And, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I cannot forget Reece's Rainbow and the children literally tied to their cribs in Eastern European orphanages.  I cannot forget "Rheann" nor stop wondering what is happening to her.  I pray for her personal "exodus" this Passover as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!