Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Back to my Strings

I have returned to wearing arba kanfot/tallit katan/tzitziot (all different words for the four-cornered garment with holy fringes traditionally only worn my men).  Really, I always believe that I should be doing so, but I have never met another woman who does (they do exist; I just haven't met one yet), and it's lonely to be the only person doing something, so I don't always manage to do so.

I have a wonderful friend--too dear to me to even get a code name--with whom I can discuss this freely.  He is religious enough to wear them himself, yet egalitarian enough to not mind my wearing them, and we share style and maintenance tips.  I have a few Orthodox male friends--just a select few--with whom I can discuss this, but I always get the feeling that they are shoving aside discomfort.  I don't get that from this guy.

I have no doubt that the little children who belong to the Rabbis at Chabad will notice me tonight, and have questions.  I think I am ready.  I hope I am ready.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!