Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life Is Beautiful...It Really Is.

Since starting to work with my "magic workbook," as I call it, retraining my brain to not be in pain, miracles--no less--have been occurring in my life.  I am fully mobile in my lower body, and my hands are nearly fully functional again.  The hypersensitivity has completely reversed; when I touch a hurting area, it feels good now.  The most powerful tricks from my book have been those involving words: "I am in my amygdala and I want to calm down" (your amygdala does panic), and "Belief is relief" (your belief centers in your brain are actually the same as your pain centers).

A couple of days ago, I legitimately had the best day I've had in SIXTEEN YEARS physical pain wise! My dear friend "Charlotte", who knows me better than anyone at school, told me yesterday that except for a short time after I came out of rehab at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, I sound better than she's ever heard me sound.  For the first time in months, there is room in my life for something other than pain, and life...is...good.

Passover is coming up this Friday night; it is one of my favorite holidays.  I'll post more about it closer to the actual date.

And of course...you guessed it...here is little "Jacob's" picture.  Just a reminder to those who care: "Jacob" will be turning five in June, and has not had new pictures or anything since before he turned three.

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!