Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

GRADUATE SCHOOL, Rosh Hodesh Elul, and Switching Clothes Around

First of all, as promised, an entry about grad school.  I am definitely in the right field (early childhood ed), and God knew exactly what he or she was doing when he or she kept me out of Rabbinical school.  So far, I am enjoying every second of where I am.  Today's main task (I took a break to write this entry) is reading a 36 page article--that's right, I said 36 pages.  It's a HISTORY article, for crying out loud; I have always hated history.  But this is an article about the history of childcare, and i am absolutely loving every second of it.

Secondly, yesterday and today are Rosh Hodesh Elul, the beginning of the Hebrew month of Elul, the month leading up to the High Holidays (Rosh HaShanah, or New Year; and Yom Kippur, or Day of Atonement, in case you're not familiar).  As always, I now allow myself to play the wonderful U'N'Taneh Tokef youtube recording that I allow myself between Rosh Hodesh Elul and Yom Kippur.  Friday night I played it for the first time this Jewish year; on the Gregorian calendar it had been about 11 months.  This time was extra special because my dear friend "Shoshana" (totally Protestant, and I have no idea why I code named her in Hebrew) was visiting, and I got to share the recording with her.  Also, for whatever the reason, watching/listening to it this year made me choke up and start crying a little; that's never happened before.

Now, lastly and least important, the weather is cooling down and I need to start switching clothes around.  I need my Fall clothes, not my Winter clothes, and I need both Summer and Fall options available, because the weather is erratic; this is the time of year when I check the weather every day before I get dressed.  I have my every-day, casual Fall clothes up here already; they are also my Spring clothes, and I just never put them anywhere else.  In the Fall, I continue to wear my Summer skirts; I simply replace t-shirts with long-sleeved tops--I like button-downs a lot--and add tights or leggings underneath.  I do have to unearth my purple nightgown because in this weather I should really have both up here (I kept the red one up with me "just in case" as the weather got warmer).  Also, I want to hang up my cool/cold weather dress clothes, so I have options on the Sabbath.  I have three warm skirts and three warm tops to hang.

And...that's all for now! I expect to finish my big wall hanging today, and then I will blog pictures of that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!