Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Interfaith Dialogue

Yesterday I met up with the young woman I mentioned who said she wanted to learn more about Judaism. (I'll call her "Michelle".) I must admit, I was a little bit suspicious and on guard in case she wanted to convert me to Christianity, but that wasn't the way our conversation went at all! We got to know each others' backgrounds, religious and otherwise, a little bit; and then we dove right into talking religion.

The bulk of the conversation really did turn out to be sharing ideas and discussing the similarities and differences between our two religions. The second biggest part of the conversation was me teaching "Michelle" about Judaism. She expressed interest in seeing Jewish worship, and I invited her to come to Hillel with me sometime when school is in session.

For me, this interaction was an answer to daydreams and wishes I have held since coming to college. I have waited and waited to find someone of a different faith who is as passionate about theirs as I am about mine. I love, love, LOVE talking religion and observing others in their daily religious lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!