Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lots Going On

  1. I walked away with--I think--the most prestigious award the Jewish Studies department at my college gives.  To celebrate, I bought myself a set of arba kanfot from Netzitzot.  (Side note: I ultimately decided on size medium, not size small.)
  2. Finals week began today, and I have my first final exam (Topics in Math for Liberal Arts) in a little over an hour.  Then I have another (Introduction to Hebrew Bible II) tomorrow morning at 8:00 am (yes, that is twelve hours between exams!), and a third (Modern Jewish Philosophy) on the thirteenth at noon.
  3. Today celebrates Lag B'Omer, the 33rd day of the Omer.  If you follow the belief that a plague broke out amongst Rabbi Akiva's students during the Omer, killing twelve thousand pairs, today is the day that students stopped dying.  The day is traditionally celebrated with bonfires, barbeques, picnics, and archery and racing contests.  Those who follow mourning customs (in remembrance of Rabbi Akiva's students, I think) the rest of the Omer lift them on this day.  What with finals etc. I'm not making it to any celebrations, but I wanted to be sure to mention the day, at least in passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!