Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, May 18, 2015

The Mezuzot in Our House

Traditional Jewish homes hang a mezuzah (plural mezuzot) on our doorposts.  A mezuzah is a holy scroll with excerpts from scripture, protected by a case.  There can be just one on the front door, or one on every door (except the bathroom!).  My family has one on every doorpost (mezuzot go on the right hand side of the room you are entering).  Here are pictures, and the stories that go with them.  I did forget to photograph the ones on the back porch, but you can enjoy these!













 

I hope you have enjoyed your tour of the doorposts in our Jewish home! I certainly enjoyed showing them to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!