*First of all, the full name of the man who healed me, used not only with consent but with encouragement, is Joseph Antoine Alston. I promised him I'd throw that into my next entry.*
I am living the dream. I never imagined feeling this good, this consistently, again. Tonight my feet were cold, and, almost without thinking about it, I went and put on socks.
Read that again, people. I WENT AND PUT ON SOCKS! I haven't gone to sleep with socks on in forever. And, OK, so I haven't gone to sleep yet, but I'm very close...and it isn't the socks keeping me awake.
This is going to stick. This is going to last.
I am discovering who "able-bodied-Sarah" is again. Do remember, I haven't been consistently able-bodied since my first month of high school, nine years ago. Nine years of time is a lot to lose, but it isn't too much...because I am going to gain it back.
On that, I am determined. Whatever I lost in my RSD years, I have within reach again...life is mine to claim. I will "grow up," and I will live...this story can have a happy ending, after all.
Gratitude again to Joseph Antoine Alston.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- This and That
- Feeling Happy Again
- Tikkun Olam Mission
- "Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you th...
- Something I've Wanted for my Entire (Jewish) Adult...
- Making a Mizrach, Part Five
- Making a Mizrach, Part Four
- Making a Mizrach, Part Three
- Making a Mizrach, Part Two
- Making a Mizrach, Part One
- Documenting Kippot (by Color)
- Miscellaneous Musings
- Totally Radical
- So Proud!
- Living the Dream
- The "Magic Touch"
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!