Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

At Peace

This is an attempt not to bother my friend Katherine with this subject matter.  Katherine is a generous, giving person; she will always let me talk religion if I need to.  However, she is completely nonreligious herself, and is only humoring me in my religion moments.

Due to an insurance mix-up (surgical center where the procedure was to be done would not take my insurance; a different one had to be found), my surgery was postponed two weeks.  For a day or two, I felt crumbly and fragile emotionally, primarily  because I had gotten myself psyched up for surgery on a specific date, and now it was happening on a different date, and I hate changes in plans.

And then I paid attention to my Jewish religious sources: ritual prayer and Hebrew Bible reading (that's reading of the Hebrew Bible, although I read it in English).  Odd as this sounds, I paid attention to Christian religious sources: one particular blog I like a lot right now, and Steven Curtis Chapman music.  And I paid attention to that universal religious source of comfort: crying out to God in moments of strong emotion.

All of this led me to the following conclusion: God has a plan for me.  It may not be my plan, it may not even feel good (though I suspect it will feel right), but it's God's plan.  God can handle this; S/He has handled many bigger things before, both in my life and in the history of the world; and I rest and am carried in God's hands.  This plan may feel like walking a tightrope--sometimes it even feels like falling off the tightrope--but the hands are there to catch me down below.

I can rest, and I am at peace.  What will come will come, and God knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!