Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

In Which I Return

I have no idea why I suddenly feel the need to blog again, after nearly a year of silence.  All I know is that I do.

To catch you up on miscellaneous happenings:

  • I currently have a stomach bug.  This would not be major enough to mention here, except that currently I seem to get stomach bugs quite often, as in at least once a month.  It's getting aggravating.
  • I broke up with the boyfriend.  Actually, I broke up with him a long time ago, shortly after I stopped blogging.  It just wasn't going to work; in numerous ways, we were too different.  There was no animosity, however--just a mutual, "this isn't working" feeling--and I still see him and we still enjoy each other.
  • Chronic pain has become seriously hard.  Our next treatment attempt is a spinal cord stimulator.  This is a small electrical device that is implanted at the base of the spinal cord.  It turns pain waves into vibrations, and actually, the type my doctor and I chose for me vibrates so fast the patient doesn't feel anything.  It is like not being in pain even though the brain is sending pain signals.  Surgery for the trial run is this coming Tuesday (I will then go again for the actual implant if I have a good reaction to the device); if you are the praying sort, I would appreciate your prayers, as I really am very nervous about this.
  • I just came through a minor bipolar episode.  It left me with an incomplete on one paper.
  • I plan to take the EAS exam this summer.  The EAS (Educating All Students) is an exam on special needs.  I have to take that before I can take the CST.  The CST is sort of like an SAT for teachers.  It has three sections--reading, writing, and math--but one only has to pass two of them.  Anyway, I have to pass the CST before I can student teach.
I really think that's everything for now! I look forward to blogging again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!