Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, June 18, 2018

God's Big, Small, Wonderful World

I am violating my new one-post-a-day rule; sorry-not-sorry! This is a post I have been waiting a few days to write, and I am excited.

There is a blogger who blogs at One Thankful Mom (onethankfulmom.com); her name is Lisa Qualls.  Lisa is old enough to be my mother; in fact, I am the same age as a couple of her kids.  (She has 11, so it's hard to place my age exactly vis a vis them.)  Lisa and her family live in Idaho.

I do not remember how I found Lisa's blog in the first place, but I stayed because she was "telling it like it is" about her four children adopted from Ethiopia: her struggles and triumphs with them, and how she felt about it all.  At that time in my life, I believed I wanted to adopt one day, possibly internationally, so I soaked up all the information regarding adoption and post adoption life that Lisa posted on her blog.  I believed it was helping me prepare better.

Over the years, Lisa struggled most especially with one of her adopted daughters.  Somewhere along the way, I began to include this child in my daily prayers: asking God to heal her of her trauma and help her live a happier, more relaxed life. 

When this child died in a tragic car crash (injuring Lisa and leaving her husband unhurt), it didn't seem like such a big leap to pray for her family's emotional healing from her death, instead of for her directly, so I started doing that.

In recent years, I have realized that I do not want children of my own: birth, adopted, or otherwise.  I just could not be a proper parent, for a variety of reasons, primarily my own disabilities.  However, I have kept reading Lisa's blog for a different reason: her Christian faith.

Lisa is an example to me of what I would like to be in my faith.  She is Christian and I am Jewish; but we see eye-to-eye on a lot.  Her faith brings her comfort, healing, and happiness; that is what I would like mine to bring me.  The two of us pray for each other.

I titled this post the way I did because I do not believe it was a mere, trivial coincidence that brought us together.  Only God! Lisa lives in Idaho; I live in New York.  Lisa is Christian; I am Jewish.  Lisa has 11 children; I am a generation younger, right around the age of her "big kids," as she calls them.  Yet God and the internet have brought us together, and we both benefit.

Simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!