Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Proudly Displaying Kippah, Part Four of Seven

You read that correctly: in this post, there is only one, single, solitary kippah.  This is because I am up to the green color group, a vastly underrepresented color in my collection.  There is only one green one that is not in the "business" stack, and you saw the "business" one (green and yellow, hand crocheted) in the first of this series of posts.

I picked this one up at a Bar Mitzvah at my current synagogue about two and a half years ago.  It feels weird to have been living an adult life long enough to have done ANYTHING two and a half years ago, but there you are.  This is a remarkably nice Bar Mitzvah kippah: crocheted kippot do not come cheap.  Moreover, this particular Bar Mitzvah had them in two color schemes.  There was the green and off-white you see here, and there was also a gorgeous blue and purple.  I honestly thought the blue and purple were prettier, but in terms of diversifying my collection, I needed the one shown here more.

Another note about kippot: JS and I are taking a mini-getaway-vacation together May 31-June 2.  (Yes, if he's comfortable with it and I remember my camera, there will be pictures.)  I am still debating which kippot to wear: I want the most important part of each outfit (and I do pick my kippot most carefully and consider them the most important thing I wear each day) to be as special as the trip itself.  Right now, I'm thinking of debuting my cactus kippah (ordering it Monday, should have it by the trip) on the first day, the Friday; and wearing the blue and pink floral one that JS bought me for my last birthday on the second day, the Saturday; still unsure which one for Sunday.  Possibly my bisexual pride one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!