Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Proudy Displaying Kippot, Part Six of Seven

Here you see my purple kippot; there are only four of them, but because purple is my favorite color, they are truly treasured.  The last one shown in this entry is my absolute favorite, out of all 57.  And yes, that number stands at 57; I did not snag one at today's Bat Mitzvah because today's Bat Mitzvah kippot were almost identical to one I already had (second one shown in the blue entry, in case anyone is interested), and a collection of 57 is quite large enough without duplicates.

This is the "weekday" (meaning not Friday/holiday evening hats) one that I consider prettiest.  It is hand painted silk by designer Yair Emanuel.  The background was supposed to be blue, but that's OK; I think it's prettier this way anyway, and it is a perfect match for my orange-and-purple, warm-weather synagogue outfit.  In point of fact, I wore that outfit, with this kippah, to synagogue today.

Number 57, my most recent, picked up at last week's Bat Mitzvah.  Nice to have a Bat Mitzvah freebie made of high quality material, and not in blue!

"Bat Mitzvah Beanie" picked up for me by my father, at the B'not Mitzvah of twin girls.  The other one from those two girls is my pink "Bat Mitzvah Beanie."

And my "Birds in Color" hand embroidered hat, designed by Yair Emanuel! This was my high school graduation present, and remains my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!