Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Proudly Displaying Kippot, Part One of Seven

I know I have done this before, but it was a while ago; several kippot (not sure how many) have been added to the collection since.  So each day, until every single kippah is photographed and displayed, I am showing photos from one stack.  Shown here are the "business" ones, so called because I consider them small enough to wear to work in non-Jewish environments.  There are 24 of them.  Enjoy!

The following eight were all crocheted by a then-very-dear friend, as Hannukah presents a couple years ago.  She made each from a different pattern!  They are much my smallest, even smaller than I like for business; we had a miscommunication about sizing.  See all eight below:








This is probably my most important kippah out of all 57.  It represents bisexual pride.  Recently, I have been proud to wear it, showing the world how confident I am in all the aspects that make me, me.

And this is  my gay pride kippah, made by the same person as the one above.  I bought both of these on Etsy.

This one comes from a shop, Kippah Man, on Ben Yehuda Street in Jerusalem.  Ben Yehuda Street is a major tourist shopping street, and I have fond memories of being there with my class in 2009.

This is the first one I can remember receiving.  I got it at age eight; it was a gift from my father.  He brought it home from a Rabbinical Assembly Convention.

Second one I can remember receiving, also a gift from my father from a Rabbinical Assembly Convention.  This time, I was 10.

My first friend in the city made this one for me.  It was a swap: I gave him one of my embroidered silk ones to celebrate his conversion to Judaism (yes, hard to part with, I love my embroidered silk ones, but that was part of the point), and he made me this one in exchange.

Now come the suede ones.  First, one from my own Bat Mitzvah.  (You'll see multiple freebies from such events sprinkled throughout my collection.)  I had them in two colors, and...

...Here's the other one!

From a college roommate's (I believe on this blog I have called her "Emily") wedding.  They messed up her maiden name on the stamp inside.

This is from my high school graduation.  I rarely wear it, as I consider it my most boring option out of all 57, but I am glad to have it as a keepsake nonetheless.

Bar Mitzvah freebie from my current synagogue.

Bar Mitzvah freebie from my current synagogue.

Bat Mitzvah freebie from my current synagogue, picked up just a few weeks ago.

PENGUINS! My mother calls me her little penguin, so I like to collect penguin memorabilia.  This kippah was part of my three-part (the others being a much fancier kippah, and my candelabrum) college graduation gift.  It's not the highest quality kippah out there, but it is fairly rugged and holds up well; the price was right; and the print is fun, so I consider it a winner.

This one was included with my Bat Mitzvah prayer shawl.  When I first started wearing a kippah full time, this was one of only two that I owned; I therefore wore it a lot, and it dramatically faded.  The background used to be purple.

And, finally, another Bar Mitzvah freebie from my current synagogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!