Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Proudly Displaying Kippot, Part Two of Seven

Today you will see my pink kippot; all except the "business" stack are organized by color.

This one was given to me by my ex boyfriend's parents; it is from a Bat Mitzvah they attended.  You can't really see it in the picture, but the print is actually very flashy.  That flashy print is the reason why this is not a "business" kippah, even though it is the right size.

This is another one made for me by my first friend in the city.  (You saw the other one yesterday.)  This one was a straight-up gift, and I picked out the colors while keeping him company one Sunday in the art gallery he ran.

This one is my favorite style: medium sized, embroidered silk by designer Yair Emanuel.  Yair Emanuel is my favorite Judaica designer, and many of his pieces grace my home.

Same as above: medium sized, embroidered silk by designer Yair Emanuel.  I love the ornate print of embroidery on this one, bands of different shapes.  The website calls it "geometric shapes magenta," though I find the background to be more a burgundy.

My family refers to this style--cheap satin--as a "Bat Mitzvah Beanie."  I will say it was made cheaply to be affordable in bulk for the celebration (many Jews, at their life cycle events, provide these for whomever wants, which is usually all the men and me), however I actually like these as they are easy to match to outfits, and sometimes that's convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!