"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Yelling for "Jacob"
I would like to introduce you to someone very special. I think I've posted about him before, but it never hurts to post again in these types of cases. Anyway, this is "Jacob." "Jacob" is my Reece's Rainbow Prayer Warrior assignment; every day and night I pray that he will find a home. Finally a little "voice" in the back of my head nudged me to go do something practical. So here I am, raising awareness.
"Jacob" is almost four and is diagnosed with Down Syndrome and heart problems. (All of the children listed for adoption via Reece's Rainbow have "special needs," as we would call them.) If you go to the Reece's Rainbow website (reecesrainbow.org) and the Down Syndrome--Boys 3-5 page and scroll down, he has the most adorable description! And--best of all--"Jacob" has over 2000 dollars in his grant account! To the best of my understanding, all of that money would go to an adopting family.
I close with another picture of "Jacob" (all photo credits go to Reece's Rainbow), and a plea that you too will sign up to be a Prayer Warrior (It's really extremely simple!), and that God Above will hear our cries.
Oh--and for those of you who have been following my blog long enough to know about her, "Tatiana" has a family.
- ► 2016 (111)
- ► 2015 (85)
- Your Prayers, Please?
- "To tell of Your kindness in the mornings, and You...
- A Plea for Prayer
- Two Big DIfferences Between Judaism and Christiani...
- Dirty and Sinful, or Holy and Beautiful?
- Jewish Music and Liturgy
- "Plan B"
- "Shabbat is [almost] Here, Shabbat is [almost] Her...
- World Down Syndrome Day 2014
- Flooding my Blog with Pictures of "Jacob"
- Heartstopping News
- God's Beautiful Plan
- Yelling, Shouting, Screaming, Breaking Down Doors
- Yelling for "Jacob"
- Really Happening
- Minyan Man (or Woman)
- A vcery interesting social phenomenon...
- I Came, I Saw, I Conquered.
- Rosh Hodesh Adar II
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!