Today (and tomorrow) is Rosh Hodesh Adar I, the start of the new Hebrew month of First Adar. There are two Adars this year because it is a Jewish leap year, when we add an extra month to make our calendars go back to normal. This ensures that our holidays stay within the same season each year. The holiday of Purim, which is celebrated in Adar, is celebrated during Second Adar this year, which will be next month.
As usual, I am marking the day with the relevant special prayers, and also by wearing a ladies' tallit katan, jewelry, and my special Sabbath-holiday-and-Rosh-Hodesh bobby pins for my kippah.
In other news, I am enjoying settling in to New York; I have gotten three job leads. Three!
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- Stationery Saga
- What's in a Name?
- Getting Super Excited
- Just 'Cause
- Letters to God, Prayer Waiting List, and Introduci...
- A Walk Through my Reece's Rainbow Experience (with...
- The Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Beast
- I. DID. IT!
- Today's Child
- My New Reece's Rainbow Project
- My New Blog Badge
- The Twists and Turns in Life's Road
- Mission Accomplished
- Sabbath in my New Apartment (Warning: LONG Post, 1...
- In It for the Long Haul: The Qualls Family
- Rosh Hodesh Adar I
- Graduation Gift
- "Coming Home to Our People, Coming Home to Our Lan...
- Kosher Kitchen Challenges and Wonderful Fun
- Letting A Little More Judaism Back In
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!