- Skirt: The skirt was chosen first. I wanted to be a little "dressed up;" one doesn't start graduate school every day, you know. I have two casual-but-dressy skirts. This one, my "medium denim," is more versatile, meaning I could choose from a broader selection of shirts to go with it.
- Shirt: I wanted to be a little "dressed up" in terms of which shirt I would wear, too. All my other Summer weekday shirts are t-shirts, so this pink polo was the natural option.
- Kippah: Obviously, with a pink shirt and denim skirt, one needs to wear a pink kippah. You may recall that I had the following options: pink suede from my Bat Mitzvah, the pink crocheted from my friend Sami, or two different machine embroidered pink silk by designer Yair Emanuel. As you can see in the picture above, I chose the second, the one made by Sami...objectively, it is probably the most special kippah I own. And just in case anyone was wondering, I will wear plain black clips with it; they are bigger, and can hold the thickness better.
- Shoes: Yes, I am branching out from sneakers all the time! I am allowing myself to do this for three reasons. First: let's be realistic, my feet are going to hurt no matter what shoes I wear. Second: I have a podiatrist's OK that these really are almost as supportive as my sneakers. Third: I am female, and feminine; that means that sometimes I need pretty shoes.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
It's been a long, long time since I put together a special back-to-school outfit. However, I am starting GRADUATE SCHOOL next week. (NEXT WEEK!!!) That calls for something of a celebration, don't you think? Below is a picture of the outfit I have chosen, and then I will explain each piece. (Please ignore bed to the left and rug to the right.)
- Super Sabbath (!!!)
- Sewing Project Plans
- Lessons from my Grandfather's Funeral
- Miracles, Miracles...Miracles!
- Back-to-School Clothes
- Turning to God
- Graduation Gift--Ordered!
- An Appalling Deal-Breaker, and Tisha B'Av 2016
- A Judaica Milestone (or: The Story of Sarah and Ca...
- Complicated Emotions (Yes, Two Posts Today, Too)
- Hannukah Kippot
- Getting Too Excited
- Three-Part Post: Morning Rituals, Graduation Gift ...
- Second Entry Today: So Sweet, and Kippah Collectio...
- First Entry Today: Break. My. Heart.
- Alive and Kicking...and Bad News
- Bipolar Poetry
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!