(I still officially have four minutes, so I'm going to blog, and then leave--slightly late--for my opthalmologist appointment.)
Finally, my graduation gift is ordered, and should shortly be on its way to me, if it is not already! The website even gave me a coupon code for ten percent off my next order; it's good through the end of this year, and I think my Hannukah gift is going to be expensive enough to merit using it.
My graduation gift will arrive in two to three weeks; yes, that is a long time to wait, but shipping from that site (they are based in Israel) is so expensive, that's the only option that makes sense.
I luxuriated in spending more on this gift than I've spent at once in a very long time. I spent exactly 110 dollars (which happens to be exactly what I budgeted): 54 dollars on the candelabrum and 29 dollars on the kippah makes 83 dollars on the actual gift, and the remaining 27 dollars went for shipping.
That kippah is the making of a dream come true: I've literally wanted it for more than a year and a half.
Oh--and the best part? I should have these items before the High Holidays in October. (I'm lucky that they're late this year, to give my gift a little extra time to get to me.) I want to light my New Year and Day of Atonement candles in a full-height candelabrum; I want two really nice, hand embroidered, hat size kippot to wear to evening services for the New Year. (I wear my white brocade hat size on the Day of Atonement, when we are supposed to wear white.)
And now I'm running late for my appointment. See you later!
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- Super Sabbath (!!!)
- Sewing Project Plans
- Lessons from my Grandfather's Funeral
- Miracles, Miracles...Miracles!
- Back-to-School Clothes
- Turning to God
- Graduation Gift--Ordered!
- An Appalling Deal-Breaker, and Tisha B'Av 2016
- A Judaica Milestone (or: The Story of Sarah and Ca...
- Complicated Emotions (Yes, Two Posts Today, Too)
- Hannukah Kippot
- Getting Too Excited
- Three-Part Post: Morning Rituals, Graduation Gift ...
- Second Entry Today: So Sweet, and Kippah Collectio...
- First Entry Today: Break. My. Heart.
- Alive and Kicking...and Bad News
- Bipolar Poetry
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!