Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, August 8, 2016

First Entry Today: Break. My. Heart.

[Please note that I have two topics to discuss today.  They are almost opposites, and I want to make sure they both get seen, so I am posting them as two separate posts.  This is the first.]

Please call to mind the picture of my "Jacob" that I always share second, that little tiny child in the baby seat.  That's a one-year-old, right? Two years old at the most.

It tears me up to say this, but I think that's wrong.  "Jacob" was listed on Reece's Rainbow--and therefore that's probably when the pictures were taken--just about a month shy of his third birthday. That's a three-year-old in those pictures.

Go back and look once more.  I know, it kills me too.  You see, over the years of praying for him, I have come to love my "Jacob."  How could it be any other way, when day in, day out, I mention him to God at least once? I care what happens to him; when I wrote to God about him yesterday, I was literally almost shedding tears.

I'll include the picture of "Jacob" in the seat here, just in case anyone needs it for reference:

Jacob

And here is this post's aging-out kid, a girl this time, "CLARA." All it says about her age is that she was born in 2001, but remember, if she's listed on that page, she has at most EIGHTEEN MONTHS.  "Clara's" disabilities are: SENSORINEURAL BILATERAL HEARING LOSS, EXPRESSIVE LANGUAGE DISORDER.  However, her description specifies that she can talk.

Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!