I know, I know...I'm trying to get out of the habit of posting more than once in a day. But I'm home and I'm sick and there's nothing to do; and I do need to sort through these feelings.
Ever since I found out about my "Jacob" dying slowly of starvation, I've been denying myself the chance to feel about it. I've been telling myself I have no right to these feelings, that they take away from his experience.
Here's the thing, though: a child who's been part of my daily spiritual--and often emotional--life is dying a totally senseless and preventable death, and I can't do anything to help. All I can do is feel; how can I help but feel?
So I think it's all right to feel about this.
And I would share an aging-out kid--and I know I forgot on my last post--but I am feeling very sick and need to get back to bed.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- Super Sabbath (!!!)
- Sewing Project Plans
- Lessons from my Grandfather's Funeral
- Miracles, Miracles...Miracles!
- Back-to-School Clothes
- Turning to God
- Graduation Gift--Ordered!
- An Appalling Deal-Breaker, and Tisha B'Av 2016
- A Judaica Milestone (or: The Story of Sarah and Ca...
- Complicated Emotions (Yes, Two Posts Today, Too)
- Hannukah Kippot
- Getting Too Excited
- Three-Part Post: Morning Rituals, Graduation Gift ...
- Second Entry Today: So Sweet, and Kippah Collectio...
- First Entry Today: Break. My. Heart.
- Alive and Kicking...and Bad News
- Bipolar Poetry
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!