Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Creativity

Each of the gloves in the pair that Shepard gave me for Valentine's Day has lost one of the elegant little black buttons, in both cases the bottom one of the three.  To make this worse, in both cases, the button popped off somewhere and I noticed a long time later, so there was no possibility of me sewing that particular button back on.  When the first one happened, last week, Shepard encouraged me to sew on another random button to "add character," as he put it.  It took a few days for me to make peace with this solution, but I finally added a plain pink, somewhat-bigger-than-the-original-buttons, circle button.  My consistent favorite color is purple, but I am going through a pink phase right now, and I have more pink clothes (two skirts, four shirts, and soon a skort) than purple clothes (one skirt, one shirt, one pair of tights).  Anyway, when the second button popped off, in order to add even more character, I wanted a slightly different button, but I wanted to stay within a theme. Therefore, I added a plain purple, somewhat-bigger-than-the-original-buttons, circle button.

Picture below.  Now the gloves sort of match, but not quite, and I agree with Shepard: they are much more fun.  Here's hoping these buttons stay on! (Though if they don't, I have more of both kinds, and I can replace them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!