Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

The "Do Good, Feel Good" Game

Years ago, I discovered the secret to feeling better during bipolar bouts: do something good for the world! I only used it once, and that time, I donated to my Reece's Rainbow child's grant fund.  I do not have the money to make substantial donations regularly, but I do have a blog.  For lack of a better title, I have termed this the "Do Good, Feel Good" game.

Here are the rules.  Each time I need a boost in energy; or a way out of sadness, lack of hope, etc. I will go to a page on Reece's Rainbow and post the information (code name, diagnoses, age, country code) and pictures of five of the kids here. The rationale is that the more places they are posted, the more likely it is someone will see them and want to adopt them.

The children on Reece's Rainbow are divided by type of disability, gender, and age.  For example, "Jacob" is listed as "Down Syndrome, boys, 6-9."  Today I will be showing children from "Other Angels, boys, 10+."  Ready? Here we go.

This is "Sterling."  He is diagnosed with microcephaly; spastic tetraparesis; congenital brain malformation; severe mental delays; crossed eyes.  He is 14 years old and in country EE-1.
sterling

This is "Kipper."  He is diagnosed as hearing impaired.  He is 10 years old and in country PRC.
Kipper (2)

This is "Nate."  He is diagnosed with CP and CMV (hearing loss).  He is 10 years old and in country EE-1.


Special shout-out for "Carver."  (No picture.)  He is diagnosed with psychomotor development delay; behavioral disorders; and hypermetropia.  He is 12 years old and in country EE-8.

This is "Benjamin."  He is diagnosed with post-op cleft lip and palate.  He is 10 years old and in country PRC.
Benjamin 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!