Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

World Down Syndrome Day 2017

Today, March 21st, is World Down Syndrome Day.  (Because 03/21 for Trisomy 21.)  I am not very eloquent on this topic, and I have to dive into homework right after this post.  I thought I would walk you all through my experiences praying for kids with Down syndrome.

Every Reece's Rainbow child for whom I have been Prayer Warrior, except the first, have/had Down syndrome.  That's three out of four: "Rheann," "Isabella," and "Jacob."

This is "Rheann."  I have literally watched this girl grow up in pictures, from her baby picture that showed when she was first listed, to the beautifully graceful young woman she is now.  This is her most recent picture:
b8jn5-165jf Rheann 2016

This is "Isabella."  She found a family, as Reece's Rainbow says, really quickly after I started praying for her: so quickly, in fact, that she is only mentioned two or three times in my letters to God.  I do not say my prayers caused miracles because I am not that arrogant, but it is still really cool that this happened that way.
Isabella-smiling

And finally, this precious child is my "Jacob."  I have been praying for him for almost four years, and will continue until he finds a home or ages out.
Jacob

I am dedicated to helping disabled children in general, and especially those with Down syndrome, any way I can.  I will donate money when I have it, and I will pray.  If anybody can think of anything else for me to do, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!