Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Prayers for O

I have just enough time before I leave for vision therapy to write this post!

Today I would like to talk about the people who are slot number nine on my prayer list: O and her family. Being slot number nine (out of ten) means nothing at all; when I include others in my prayers, I do the whole list.  There are ten slots, all filled right now; as my prayers are answered "yes," people come and go.

"O" is the only name by which I know this young woman, but I firmly believe God knows and understands the subjects of our prayers, no matter what names we use.  "O's" mother blogs at mamaporuski.wordpress.com.

"O" is roughly my age, in fact I believe we were born the same year.  She was adopted from Ukraine as a teenager.  She has limb differences, mental disabilities, and autism.  That's a lot to deal with, and a lot for me to pray for.

When I pray for "O", I never pray for her disabilities to go away because I don't believe God does that.  Rather, I pray for comfort and the ability to handle what life throws at her; for healing from any medical procedures she has recently undergone; and for the ability to tolerate any new medical things.

I also pray for "O's" family to be able to help her and heal her.

My usual prayer for "O" and family is for God to remain present in their lives, no matter what they are going through.

And now, this second, I must post this and leave for vision therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!