Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

An Interesting Day

A few days ago, I got an email from the veterans' registration office (I think) at my school telling me I needed to fill out some forms in order to receive benefits for the coming year. It did not say where to return the forms.

I filled out the forms and took them to financial aid. The people there pointed me to the address on the forms, the center for continuing professional education. While I was at the bus stop waiting for a bus to get me somewhere close to where I needed to be, a random young woman invited me to a bible discussion at noon.

I got off the bus and found the appropriate road, but then had to walk a long way along a highway. The center for continuing professional education did not know what to do with me. The receptionist there made some phone calls and directed me to administration. She had one of the employees in her office get me some water and drive me back (thankfully). I decided I was done for the day and would go to admin tomorrow.

Because the woman who had invited me to the bible study said she was asking "random people", I assumed it would be an interfaith sort of thing. Wrong! It turned out to be a Christian bible study in which I was the token Jew.

But the woman who invited me wants to meet up with me next week just to discuss Judaism, which makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!