Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update All Around

First, an update on the Reece's Rainbow controversy:

From my meager research (I may do more later), I gather that, at the very least, posting photos of children from Russia and Ukraine is illegal. I am sorry for all the adoptive families, and their children, involved here, but more than one website has confirmed this fact.

That being said, I truly believe, and will continue to believe until proven otherwise, that the organization did, and does, more good than harm. Many, many children have passed through its system into the arms and homes of forever families. If Reece's Rainbow shuts down, these children will not disappear. They will still be waiting in orphanages and mental institutions, still desperately needing homes.

All of this has helped me to reach a decision: even if Reece's Rainbow shuts down and I never get word of her again, I will continue to pray for "Erin." It may not happen every night, but in general I will continue to pray that "Erin" find a warm and loving home, with enough food etc. and that, once there, she have access to the therapies she needs in order to thrive at her fullest potential. Until I know that has happened for her, I will continue to pray.

Now, on to the fun stuff:

Tomorrow "Emily," "Julie," and I are going out to lunch at a kosher sushi restaraunt. It was my idea; we had planned it for last Friday, but then I got (mentally) sick so we pushed it off. I am so excited. I love sushi, I love my friends, and this is going to be awesome! Then we will all crash at "Emily's" house for the Sabbath (though we are eating Friday night dinner at "Dan's" and lunch at "Emily's" soon-to-be-fiance's sister's house) and just all enjoy each other's company.

Still waiting for my internship to start. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!