--The negative: my new psychiatrist did not work out. He was tremendously late for my appointment and he barely spoke enough English to carry on a conversation, but I would have been willing to overlook those two things were it not for the other two. The other two were that he didn't like my medications (automatically thought I was on too many, couldn't deal with Ketamine) and doesn't allow his patients to see therapists outside his practice. Especially after that last one, the decision was a no-brainer. I have a therapist whom I know, love, and trust; I can't say any of that about this doctor. So now it's back to square one.
--The positive: the Sabbath is starting in just a couple hours, and I have a special treat waiting for me! This morning I finished my David Hartman book, The God Who Hates Lies. Now I move on to Lawrence Kushner's River of Light, which is my absolute favorite Jewish theology/philosophy book I have ever read. I am saving it as a special treat for the Sabbath.
--Now, please meet "AURORA," aging out NEXT MAY. "Aurora" has brain damage.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- Ta'anit Esther
- Semi-Devastation and my Brilliant Fix-It Idea
- My New Plan
- A Very Important Post (World Down Syndrome Day)
- A Note About Skirts/Skorts, and Jewish Pride
- Update on the Skirt Scenario
- Kippot, by Color
- A Negative and a Positive
- This and That: The Sequel: Mainly About my New Psy...
- An Unplanned Third Entry...
- "Daisy's" Visit Yesterday and Two Other Notes
- Selfie, Just Because, and What I Want for Hannukah...
- This and That
- Stream of Consciousness: Mostly Skirts, Daily Adve...
- The Coolest News Ever
- Bar-Mitzvah-Related Adventures and The Story of my...
- Disappointed--and Thrilled
- My View of God
- Pictures from Katherine's Visit
- "Fixed" the "Problem" and Katherine's Visit
- Yelling for "Christopher"
- Great Quotation!
- What I Know About My Future
- Ordered my Stationery and Too Close to God
- Four Items of Note and a Precious Realization
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!