In this post I wish to talk about the Book of Psalms, or Tehillim in Hebrew. Every day, following my morning prayers (or afternoon if I somehow missed the morning), I read one psalm, usually in English. I think I'm on my third time through the book; this morning I read psalm #56 out of 150. I use an edition of the Book of Psalms that was given to each classmate of a boy in my high school who died of leukemia, by his parents. They even paid extra (I'm assuming) to customize them for us with our full Hebrew names. It's not a translation I like, but the book obviously has tremendous sentimental value, so it's the one I use.
Until today, I could have told you three psalms that were my favorites: #19, #23, and #91. Today I realized that on the level on which I like #19 and #23, I genuinely like every psalm in the book. Each one is unique and special.
Far and away, however, #91 is still my favorite. A quotation from it was the inspiration for the title of this blog: "He will instruct His angels to guard you in all your paths, to carry you in their hands lest you stumble on a stone." I still find that to be one of the most beautiful lines in the entire Book of Psalms, and maybe even in the whole Hebrew Bible.
And now, a Reece's Rainbow aging-out boy. Please meet "NATHANIEL," aging out in MAY, with delayed intellectual development:
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- Ta'anit Esther
- Semi-Devastation and my Brilliant Fix-It Idea
- My New Plan
- A Very Important Post (World Down Syndrome Day)
- A Note About Skirts/Skorts, and Jewish Pride
- Update on the Skirt Scenario
- Kippot, by Color
- A Negative and a Positive
- This and That: The Sequel: Mainly About my New Psy...
- An Unplanned Third Entry...
- "Daisy's" Visit Yesterday and Two Other Notes
- Selfie, Just Because, and What I Want for Hannukah...
- This and That
- Stream of Consciousness: Mostly Skirts, Daily Adve...
- The Coolest News Ever
- Bar-Mitzvah-Related Adventures and The Story of my...
- Disappointed--and Thrilled
- My View of God
- Pictures from Katherine's Visit
- "Fixed" the "Problem" and Katherine's Visit
- Yelling for "Christopher"
- Great Quotation!
- What I Know About My Future
- Ordered my Stationery and Too Close to God
- Four Items of Note and a Precious Realization
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!