I feel the need to blog a third time today, even though that means my World Down Syndrome Day post will get "sandwiched." So be it.
I have been, as my Christian acquaintances would say, convicted recently. (That's so not a Jewish term, but I don't have a better one!) In particular, the Maxwell family, who blog at www.titus2.com, have convinced me of something.
I need to be reading my Bible daily. Period, no argument, this is something Christianity got right that most of Judaism did not.
I thought long and hard before I made this decision. I also pray three times daily (well, most days; I don't usually manage Saturday evenings or Sunday mornings, but I do usually manage all the other times), and I am committed to reading a psalm, and a segment of a work of Jewish theology, every day as well. I do not want to give any of that up.
So. This is the plan: I pray three times a day, and I have three "extra" readings. I will simply correspond one of each to one of the other. In the mornings, I will pray, then read a psalm. In the afternoons, I will pray, then read my Bible. In the evenings, I will pray, then read theology.
I am unsure yet what I will do when/if I miss a prayer time, if I will do the reading associated with it later, or skip that for that day, too.
Oh, and I will once again be embarking on reading the Bible cover to cover, Genesis 1 to 2 Chronicles 36. And, yes, in English.
Now, this is "CHAD." Just to be different, I had wanted to grab a boy without Down syndrome or HIV this time, but I can't say no to this sweet face. "Chad" will age out NEXT APRIL, and is diagnosed with Down syndrome.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- Ta'anit Esther
- Semi-Devastation and my Brilliant Fix-It Idea
- My New Plan
- A Very Important Post (World Down Syndrome Day)
- A Note About Skirts/Skorts, and Jewish Pride
- Update on the Skirt Scenario
- Kippot, by Color
- A Negative and a Positive
- This and That: The Sequel: Mainly About my New Psy...
- An Unplanned Third Entry...
- "Daisy's" Visit Yesterday and Two Other Notes
- Selfie, Just Because, and What I Want for Hannukah...
- This and That
- Stream of Consciousness: Mostly Skirts, Daily Adve...
- The Coolest News Ever
- Bar-Mitzvah-Related Adventures and The Story of my...
- Disappointed--and Thrilled
- My View of God
- Pictures from Katherine's Visit
- "Fixed" the "Problem" and Katherine's Visit
- Yelling for "Christopher"
- Great Quotation!
- What I Know About My Future
- Ordered my Stationery and Too Close to God
- Four Items of Note and a Precious Realization
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!