I am having major problems sleeping (it's exactly 2:13 am my time), and am working on getting tired again. To that end, I have been rereading one of my favorite Jewish books, Doing Jewish Theology by author Rabbi Neil Gillman, who taught my father in Rabbinical school.
In Gillman's book, I came across wonderful advice for living life. Here it is: "All that God can offer Job is the reassurance that the world is incredibly complex, that God is in control, that there is order beyond the apparent anarchy, but that Job, as a mere human, cannot hope to understand it." (Gillman, 230) This quotation can be summed up nicely by another quotation, this one from a Steven Curtis Chapman song: "God is God and I am not."
Now. This time I am supposed to share a girl. I had chosen in this entry to share a child without a picture (some countries don't allow them) because it is even harder for them to find families than for others, but currently there are no girls listed without pictures. Therefore, having scrolled through the whole page, I am sharing the girl closest to the bottom. So please meet "KINLEY," aging out NEXT APRIL. "Kinley" is diagnosed with Down syndrome.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- Ta'anit Esther
- Semi-Devastation and my Brilliant Fix-It Idea
- My New Plan
- A Very Important Post (World Down Syndrome Day)
- A Note About Skirts/Skorts, and Jewish Pride
- Update on the Skirt Scenario
- Kippot, by Color
- A Negative and a Positive
- This and That: The Sequel: Mainly About my New Psy...
- An Unplanned Third Entry...
- "Daisy's" Visit Yesterday and Two Other Notes
- Selfie, Just Because, and What I Want for Hannukah...
- This and That
- Stream of Consciousness: Mostly Skirts, Daily Adve...
- The Coolest News Ever
- Bar-Mitzvah-Related Adventures and The Story of my...
- Disappointed--and Thrilled
- My View of God
- Pictures from Katherine's Visit
- "Fixed" the "Problem" and Katherine's Visit
- Yelling for "Christopher"
- Great Quotation!
- What I Know About My Future
- Ordered my Stationery and Too Close to God
- Four Items of Note and a Precious Realization
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (89)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!