Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Kippot, by Color

A while back (I think this past Summer), I photographed, and posted pictures of, each of my kippot individually.

My kippah collection is my pride and joy.  There have been some new additions since the last post, and I wanted to show them off differently.  Therefore, I have now taken photographs of my kippot grouped by color.  I began with the colors of which I had the most, and ended with the colors of which I had fewest.  I will caption the pictures, too.

Enjoy!

Purple (picture shown previously): Top: hand painted silk by designer Yair Emanuel, crocheted bought in Israel.  Middle: hand embroidered hat by designer Yair Emanuel.  Bottom: dark purple suede from my own Bat Mitzvah, lavender suede from "Emily's" wedding.

Blue: Left to Right: free from last week's Bar Mitzvah; free from a Bat Mitzvah, handmade by the family, internal clip; "pajamas kippah" (I wear it with night gowns), which I've had so long I don't remember getting it; navy suede from my high school graduation; machine embroidered, raw silk by designer Yair Emanuel.

Red: Left to Right: machine embroidered, raw silk by designer Yair Emanuel; machine embroidered silk by designer Yair Emanuel; inherited from family; Etsy purchase.

Pink: Left to Right: machine embroidered raw silk by designer Yair Emanuel; pink suede from my own Bat Mitzvah; machine embroidered raw silk by designer Yair Emanuel.

Brown: Left to Right: Standard US Army issue; handmade by the women of Uganda's Jewish community; Yair Emanuel raw silk.

Multicolored/Random: Left to Right: First kippah I can remember receiving, gift from my father when I was eight; second kippah I can remember receiving, gift from my father when I was ten; gay pride kippah (total waste of money, as I have not yet accepted myself enough to wear it in public).

Gray: Left to Right: free with older brother's Bar Mitzvah tallis, by designer Gabrieli; free with my Bat Mitzvah tallis, by designer Yair Emanuel (used to be purple, now very faded).

Black: Left to Right: Black velvet from younger brother's Bar Mitzvah; black velvet ultra-Orthodox style, totally purchased to thumb my nose at them.

White: Bottom/Left: machine embroidered raw silk by designer Yair Emanuel; Top/Right: found in family drawer.

Now...please meet "DIXON."  "Dixon" ages out NEXT  MARCH.  He is diagnosed with Down syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!